Webinar Learning from Disasters and Pandemics
The possibility that your city could face multiple hazards simultaneously has in these unprecedented times become an unfortunate reality for Zagreb, Croatia. The ongoing COVID-19 emergency in combination with the risk of an earthquake causing damage to life and property including cultural heritage, requires informed actions and responses. It also creates numerous challenges for decision makers and requires specific leadership skills and knowledge.
With the aim of developing a common action plan and identifying priorities to manage the current crisis, ICCROM and INTERCOM in partnership with UNESCO, ICOM Croatia, the Museum Documentation Centre and Ethnographic Museum in Zagreb, organised a two-day online workshop on “Learning from Disasters and Pandemics” , on 4 and 5 May 2020.
We provide presentations that took place during the webinar:
- Initial Rapid Damage, Risks and Needs Assessment Template for Movable Heritage
- International emergency preparedness and response mechanism of UNESCO
- Recording damage, identifying risks, assessing needs and impacts post-earthquake and during COVID-19 pandemic
- ASSESSING BUILDINGS IMPACTED BY EARTHQUAKES
- Salvage, evacuation and temporary storage